Friday, August 8, 2008

before the end

Kansas is becoming the best part of this trip. I almost decided to go home after Elk Grove but decided to slug it out just one more weekend. Besides, Mel was coming to Kansas to hang out after she finished summer school.



I call this place home right now. Carlos and I have the place to ourselves, aside from the construction workers during the day. There is no tv and no internet, so we sleep ALOT. There is one sauce pan, a tortilla warmer and some cups. The other day I made chicken with brown rice and a salad. I felt like newlyweds.


Mel comes into town and takes me underwear shopping. Im still blushing


Mel in the clouds




couldn't help myself. seriously this window was asking for this

On Tuesday Carlos and I go to LatteLand for my never ending quest for that perfect espresso. This place was in the plaza, very close to where we were and the espresso was the best I've had since leaving Austin. Carlos' bike was missing a very important bolt in his crank so I asked the barrista where we could find a bike shop. She sent us to a shop her boyfriend was working, Volker Bicycles. Here we met the owners, Britton, his wife, Melissa, and their 8mo old Boston Terrier, Cooper. Britton ordered the part and then took Carlos and I riding through the hilly terrain of Kansas City. We scoped out the courses for Friday and Saturday's race. They both look pretty tough. That's all for now. I've already been to two other coffee houses today, Broadway, no wi-fi (boo) and now at Mildred's. Going out with a bang this weekend!!

3 comments:

Batman said...

Wuff. Wuff. Rrrrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Am surprised u missed the national crit champs in downers grove IL this weekend, but I imagine Chicago get under your skin pretty fast. Good luck in Kansas.

Mel said...

that is a HIDEOUS PICTURE of me. you shouldve given peggy noland a shout out: since you didnt, i will.

the clouds are peggys shop. its heaven. she rocks so hard.

http://peggynoland.com/press.html