Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Too Far To Tell
Im starting to think you never existed at all
so I stuffed a callin card in the mail.
I set the timer,
waited,
but couldn't tell.
I kept the lines open
but its way past my bedtime
so come callin in between
sheets or dreams.
A dial tone
when no one's home
& Im still waiting by the phone
TipToe
Its not enough to love someone.
Stories spread away the stars
and where we are is along some long bedtime story.
Should have been a perfedt ending
but the rush roundtrip kicked us right back where we began.
As long as were starting over
we can end this one on a good note,
good nite,
good bye,
good boy.
Strange it seems these lines were copied out of a book I wrote to myself.
Lines rewrote themselves cause I wanted to hear what Im listening to now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Carpe diem" isn't a free-for-all.
Still, there's more than plenty
within your reach
a little lower down the vine,
(but then again, so are you and I)
and that doesn't mean
we are unfit
to be made into wine.

No answer is an answer.
You can find cotton candy
in your dreams
or at the circus,
but you can't live in either.
Soft and pink memories
only cloud your visions
of new possibilities.