Friday, October 23, 2009

RE: hey you


I like to write sometimes because it's a way for me to see how I feel. Once on paper, my words speak back to me as I read and reread what it is that I felt needed to be expressed.

There are some things that will always be the fabric of what we are, but like a seamstress working tirelessely, it's what we are in the process and not the product where truth and beauty lies. Sew urself together.

It can be a real bitch to not think who we are today is what our past made us to be. You are _____ NOW.

I speak not of love because love is not lost and love is everywhere, you just need to stop and really realize what this waking life is not about to realize that. If you need some help: it's not about jealousy, inflicting physical and psychological pain on urself or others, living in the past, investing your future on maybes and ifs. It is about living right now, learning to channel deep emotion into a selfless practice, loving with no expectations or ambition.

Everyone lives with a personal story of pain and suffering. And it is selfish to think or believe your pain and suffering is any greater or more significant than any one elses.

Love is so great to lose grip of because when we learn to love again it feels just like the first time.



2 comments:

mercedesorten said...

Last sentence of this is very interesting. Good point, definitely. I've never thought of it that way.

Jenny's Pluto said...

I have a feeling I'll be revisiting this post every so often.