Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Horror Stories

It's Monday and I'm still hearing about what me and my lone star were up to Halloween, Friday night. The day started so promising. I drove out to Dripping Springs in the morning with a few friends and did a 3.5 hr ride through the autumn leaves of the hill country. My band, Quik Release, an all messenger band, had our first show that night. We rehearsed 5 hrs the night before and I was pretty close to losing my voice by the end of rehearsal. On the ride I isolated myself and used the opportunity to get my vocal chords warmed up. I'm sure some farmer thought I was a cyclist on a walkabout.



Our set was only about 18 minutes. 7 original punk tunes, one reggae jam and two covers. The band got together about an hour and half before to get "warmed up." We rocked the place and then it was time to get our Halloween on. Here's what I hear happened...

-I asked a friend of mine to marry me and have babies
-I found a guy on the street dressed as a puppet and broke his costume trying to control him
-I stuck my camera in my bibs and dropped it in the toilet when I forgot it was in there and pulled my bibs down to pee
-I started giving everyone hi-fives and apparently followed people if they refused
-I kissed another friend
-I have too many pictures in my dead camera that shows me hanging on someone
-there is a random picture of a girl dressed as a peacock in my camera, someone said i groped her
-i crashed my bike on the way home, twice
-i dropped my lock in the street and told my friend that i didn't need it anymore, just leave it!
-I had a friend bring me home and she was smart enough to realize I was about to puke and got me a trash can....



6 comments:

Unknown said...

...what did she say about the babies??!?
did she say 'yes' and you will be having some soon??!
great story, mate!

John Trujillo said...

I don't remember asking, but she told me that when i asked she said she would donate some eggs

Anonymous said...

A photo tagged with you and my brother appeared on my Facebook news feed. Getting to the point... I noticed you were wearing a cycling cap (more common these days but eh, you probably do own a bike or two). Anyway. I threw your name into Google and found your blog. ...You might find all this searching, scrolling and clicking odd or creepy at best. But what is interesting is that I'm a courier. Who knows we might of raced at the CMWC, NACCS, or something and not of known it.
-Rishi Mayer

Aldi26 said...

Wow, that sounds like the perfect Halloween day and night! Sorry I missed it. :)

one Les car said...

Sounds like you had a good time John, wish I could have been there for the show, but alas, When you go flying through the windshield of an SUV and get a broken leg...it makes going out kind of hard....especially to punk shows

Maureen Grady said...

damn. i must say i am one proud motha for being on hand for some of these events. i witnessed a few on the list of yors. i showed up in a pic. i got a high five or three. you rock dude!